Metrology Masterclass 2021
A five-day course, focused on industrial dimensional measurement and covering four core knowledge areas : Application of metrology principles / Measurement and metrology assessment / Continuous improvement in metrology systems / Principles behind measurement equipment technology, sensors and measurement techniques.
Five consecutive days : Monday to Friday : held at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME)
between 20th - 24th Sep 2021. Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on equipment and engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
At a Glance
Date: 20th - 24th Sep 2021
Audience: Persons responsible for facilitating and managing measurement processes
Contact: Email the team
- Application of metrology principles using a variety of specific equipment, looking at good practice and pitfalls.
- Measurement and metrology assessment, management tools, related metrology organisations and international standards.
- Continuous improvement and waste reduction in metrology systems and processes.
- Scientific principles behind measurement equipment technologies, sensors and measurement techniques.
Learning outcomes include
- A broad and proficient level of understanding of the core underpinning principles of effective measurement and metrology.
- Achieving confidence and sustainability in a measurement result. •Selecting appropriate equipment and strategies for measurement.
- Learning good practice, through hands-on use of a variety of first principle and coordinate measuring systems, relevant to various industrial sectors.
- Lectures :- Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions :- Hands-on user experience of a variety of measuring equipment and metrology tools.
- Discussions :- Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for and directed at roles relating to: quality / production / manufacturing engineering; and those responsible for facilitating and managing measurement processes. It also meets the needs of: metrology equipment technical sales / applications and measurement contract services providers.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a : Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) : completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group
Cost and Contacts
The course cost is £1,395 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact email@example.com for bookings and further information