Introducing Measurement Uncertainty
One day Open Course focused on the introduction of measurement uncertainty, data manipulation, standards and task specific budgets. It will be held on Wednesday 10th November : at Coventry University’s Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME). Candidate numbers are limited so that students receive appropriate time on engagement with the teaching team. The course is delivered through a variety of blended learning including lectures and activity sessions.
At a Glance
Date: 10th November 2021
Audience: Measurement Technicians : Inspectors : Production / Manufacturing / Quality / Design Engineers : Quality Systems Managers : Metrologists.
Contact: Email the team
The course is designed to introduce the candidate to measurement uncertainty, including:
Expression of uncertainty
Probability Distribution Functions
Calculation of combined and expanded uncertainty.
Learning outcomes include
- Appreciation of the production of uncertainty budgets
- Understand the reporting of uncertainty in measurement
- Recognise outputs from an uncertainty budget
- Complete an uncertainty budget
- Lectures :- Presentations with group interaction and activities.
- Activity sessions :- Development and production of an uncertainty budget.
- Discussions :- Lecturer led sessions and group discussions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Measurement Technicians : Inspectors : Production / Manufacturing / Quality / Design Engineers : Quality Systems Managers : Metrologists.
Upon completion, candidates will receive a : Coventry University Continuous Professional Development (CPD) : completion certificate from the Manufacturing Metrology Group
Cost and Contacts
The course cost is £235 per candidates and places are limited. Please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings and further information.